Sweet & Sour? Perfect combination.
Creamy & delicious, just perfect with a cup of earl grey tea.
Can’t wait for you to try it!
Ingredients: For the bottom of the tart:
- 200 grams of flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 grams of butter
- 30 grams of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of cold water
- pinch of salt
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- Combine flour, butter, powdered sugar, salt and zest, until crumby. Add cold water and yolks and mix together. Let it cool in the fridge for at least 30 min.
- After 30 min or more, roll out the dough and place on to the 10″ pie dish. Cool in the fridge or freezer for 20min. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200’C (390’F) and prepare the filling.
For the lemon filling:
- 250ml water (1 cup)
- juice from 4 lemons – I got around a cup of juice
- 160 grams of white granulated sugar
- 3 full tbs of potato starch
- 50 grams of butter
- 3 egg yolks
- In the bowl combine lemon juice with potato starch and egg yolks.
- In the small pot melt the butter on the low heat. When melted, remove from the heat for a while – add in the sugar, lemon juice mixture & water. Combine until incorporated.
- Place the pot in the low heat and shimmer for a while. After few minutes it’ll become to thicken up, mix until mixture is like pudding. Remove from heat and let it cool down.
For the meringue:
- 4 egg whites
- 200 grams of sugar
- 2 tbs of potato starch
- Take out the crust from the fridge and bake in the preheated over for about 20min.
- Meanwhile your lemon filling is cooling down and you have time to prepare the meringue.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff. Add in sugar gradually about 1 teaspoon a time. After all sugar is combined add potato starch gradually.
- When the crust is ready, take it out of the oven and fill with lemon filling. On top cover with egg white mixture (should be stiff, white and shiny)
- Decrease the temperature to 180’C (350’F) and bake the tart for about 20min. (the meringue should get a little browned). Turn of the over and let it sit for another 3 to 5 minuter.
- Take out of the over and let it cool completely (about 1 hour)
- Cut or or eat straight for the pan ❤
Enjoy this deliciousness and let me know what you think!