These are my favorite flour less cookies… and so fast and easy to make. Best part is the peanut butter, a lot of it 🙂
I love love peanut butter. The crunchy natural one. My favorite is the trader Joe’s crunchy peanut butter 🙂 so yum!
For this recipe you’ll need creamy peanut butter, however you can try using crunchy – I’m sure it will come out tasty.
Let’s get to it
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more for chocolate loves)
Preheat the oven to 350’F
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using mixer combine peanut butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (my favorite part)
Scoop the dough 1 tablespoon each, onto a baking sheet. Slightly flatten with a spoon.
Optional you can sprinkle with more chocolate chips or chopped nuts (roasted and salted work best)
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
These are ready to eat right away!
The original recipe found here http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/flourless-chocolate-peanut-butter-cookies/