Cookies for chewy cookie lovers. Honestly, I’m not a fan of dry crunchy cookies, with an exception of healthy oatmeal and nut packed cookies (this is just an excuse to eat more cookies).
These cookies are not only chewy, fat and creamy, but fast and easy to make. You can make your own variations of whats in the cookie! <<chocolate is a must!>>
It’s worth to mention I’d rather use chopped chocolate then chocolate chips. I like the uneven chunks of chocolate, especially when I get a big chunk 🙂
- 3/4 cup melted butter (around 160 grams)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of chocolate chunks or chocolate chips (or walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts or anything you want to add)
Preheat the oven to 325F (165C)
- Melt the butter over low heat. When melted let cool for few minutes.
- Using regular mixer, combine brown and white sugar with melted butter. Mix until creamy.
- Slowly add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- In a separe bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Spoon by spoon add to the butter-sugar mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and other goodies of your choice.
At this point the batter is very soft, so I let it sit for about 10 min (you can also place it in the refrigerator to cool for few minutes). I like when the mixture is cool so it’s easier to get the dough and it doesn’t stick to my hands or any thing else.
With the use of a big spoon, scoop the dough and with your hands shape a ball. You can make bigger or smaller – it all depends how big you want your cookies to be. I’d rather have more smaller cookies then fewer bigger ones. I fit about 6 cookies on the baking sheet. The dough makes about 24-30 3″ cookies.
Bake in the preheated over for 15 minutes.
Let it cool on the baking sheet for about 10 min before transferring to cooling rack.
ok, you can eat now! 🙂
So what I like about the cookies is that you can make them your own 🙂 I tried it with walnuts and milk chocolate chunk – amazing! I also tried it with different flavor – orange instead of vanilla and I used dark chocolate – also came out heaven! It’s your perfect mix and match cookie 🙂