I adore this cake. Its fast and easy to make, yet its so flavorful.
Perfect for cold evenings, with tea and favorite book. Also works great as a warm desert with vanilla ice cream!
- 175 grams all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 175 grams butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs (slightly whisked)
- 3 pears (cut into thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 25 grams of butter (cold)
Butter or spray with oil a 8″ pan.
Preheat the oven to 360F (180C)
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into a medium size bowl.
- Add in the softened butter (cut in to pieces), sugar, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and eggs.
- Beat with a mixer until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Cover with pear slices (each slice should overlap the other, press each a little).
- Sprinkle with combined brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and shredded 25 grams of butter. (make sure your butter is really cold otherwise it wont shred nicely. You can also cut butter into thin slices and sprinkle on top)
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.