Those cookies are so delicious. Not only flavorful and chewy but also very healthy… I mean it 🙂 The good thing about those cookies is that you can mix and match 🙂 if you don’t have cranberries you can use raisins or chopped dried plums or other dried fruits (or chocolate!!!). Same for walnuts – you can replace it with almonds, hazelnuts or pecans.
- 225 grams of butter / 2 sticks (softened)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or a replace)
- 1 cup walnuts (or other nuts)
- 100 grams white chocolate for drizzling (optional but highly recommended :))
Preheat the over to 350F or 170C
1. Beat the softened butter in the standard mixer until creamy
2. Add in sugars and beat until fluffy for about 3 to 4 minutes
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time
4. In the separate bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and vanilla sugar
5. Add the flour mix to the butter mix and combine with a wooden spatula
6. Add the oats, cup by cup
7. Add the cranberries and walnuts, combine
8. Scoop the cookie batter and place on a baking sheet at least an inch apart.
9. Bake for 15 min until the edges are golden brown. Cool for few minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
10. Melt the white chocolate in the water bath, let cool for few minutes and transfer to piping back and drizzle the top of the cookies. Let the chocolate cool.
I get about 40 3″ cookies. You can make bigger or smaller cookies as you wish (just remember to adjust the baking time)
Now, 10 steps and delitious cookies are ready to be served 🙂 Enjoy and let me know what you think!!